The Hunger Games: Songs from District 12 and Beyond is the official companion album for the 2012 film The Hunger Games. "Safe & Sound" by Taylor Swift, featuring The Civil Wars, was released as a promotional single for the soundtrack.
On February 14, 2012, "One Engine" was made available for digital download on iTunes. The soundtrack was released on March 20, 2012, three days before the film's release in the United States.
- "Abraham's Daughter" by Arcade Fire
- "Tomorrow Will Be Kinder" by The Secret Sisters
- "Nothing to Remember" by Neko Case
- "Safe & Sound" by Taylor Swift featuring The Civil Wars
- "The Ruler & The Killer" by Kid Cudi
- "Dark Days" by Punch Brothers
- "One Engine" by The Decemberists
- "Daughter's Lament" by Carolina Chocolate Drops
- "Kingdom Come" by The Civil Wars
- "Take the Heartland" by Glen Hansard
- "Come Away to the Water" by Maroon 5 featuring Rozzi Crane
- "Run Daddy Run" by Miranda Lambert ft Pistol Annies
- "Rules" by Jayme Dee
- "Eyes Open" by Taylor Swift
- "Lover is Childlike" by The Low Anthem
- "Just a Game" by Birdy
iTunes digital album
A digital version of the album, available for purchase on iTunes, includes a digital booklet with artwork and images from The Hunger Games.
Upon its release, the Hunger Games' official soundtrack received a rating of 3 out of 5 stars by the Rolling Stone magazine's reviewers. They stated how the soundtrack seemed to be totally directed for the fans, and how the producers bet on new acts such as the Youtube-phenomen Birdy and the independent duo The Civil Wars. In website Metacritic, based of reviews by six critics, the album scored 72 out of 100, which means "generally favorable reviews".
The Hunger Games: Songs From District 12 And Beyond started at no.1 in Billboard 200 Albums Chart with 175,000 sales in its first week.  The soundtrack also hit the number one in Rock Albums, Alternative Albums, Folk Albums and Soundtracks. Around the world, it started at no.13 in New Zealand, no.14 in Australia, no.32 in Norway and no.61 in Austria. It ended up being the best-selling soundtrack of 2012 in the United States.
Chart Positions and Sales
|Australian Albums (ARIA)||14||4,500+|
|Austrian Albums Chart||61||800+|
|Belgian Albums (Ultratop Flanders)||62||700+|
|Belgian Albums (Ultratop Wallonia)||91||400+|
|Canadian Albums (Billboard)||5||92,000+|
|Irish Compilation Albums (OCC)||4||4,000+|
|New Zealand Albums (Recorded Music NZ)||13||13,000+|
|Norwegian Albums Chart||32||1,500+|
|UK Compilation Albums (OCC)||16||6,000+|
|US Billboard 200||1||481,000+|
"Safe & Sound" by Taylor Swift featuring The Civil Wars, was released on December 23, 2011, as a promotional single. It reached number one on the iTunes overall charts in 12 hours. The music video for Safe & Sound was released on 13th February 2012. Along with separate songs from Swift and The Civil Wars, the soundtrack also featured songs by The Decemberists, Maroon 5, Arcade Fire, The Secret Sisters, Miranda Lambert featuring The Pistol Annies, Neko Case, Kid Cudi, Academy Award winner Glen Hansard, The Low Anthem, Punch Brothers, Birdy, Jayme Dee and Carolina Chocolate Drops. The soundtrack was released on March 20, 2012. The soundtrack track list was revealed on iTunes On 13th February 2012. Jennifer Lawrence singing "Rue's Lullaby" will be released as a bonus download on March 27, 2012. On 14th February 2012, "One Engine" was released as the second promotional single by iTunes. Taylor Swift's second song, "Eyes Open", was the first official single to be released following two Digital/Promotional singles. "Eyes Open" was officially released to mainstream radio on March 27, 2012. A lyric video for the song was released on May 12, 2012 on Vevo.
- Although The Hunger Games: Original Motion Picture Score was the official released soundtrack for the Hunger Games film, this soundtrack was the only one which had official singles.
- Keith Caulfield (28-03-2012). 'Hunger Games' Soundtrack Debuts at No. 1 on Billboard 200. Billboard. Retrieved on 28-03-2013.