Where did the trailer come from? If it is unofficial it shouldn't be posted Starfy 22:52, January 18, 2010 (UTC)
- The trailer for The Hunger Games came from the offical US scholastic site for the books. :) Thanks and welcome! --Star* 03:10, January 19, 2010 (UTC)
Isn't this just a rip off of "Battle Royale" movie?
Have you even read the books? I think not since you are even questioning them:) Lol. I just looked up a summary of it and it seemed alot like it but I promise you the hunger games better! :D This is my siggy!! I <3 Finnick Odair! He is mine.... back off Annie! lol:) Dont tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon:) GlimmerandSparkle 00:34, April 6, 2012 (UTC)
SPOILER FOR MOCKINGJAY!!!! He's kinda dead... Sorry if I ruined it for you! I HATE it when people ruin things and I hate ruining things but I kinda just had to say that.....
"Isn't this just a rip off of "Battle Royale" movie?"
I'm sure it's a coinsidence that the plot is a little similar. Collins got the plot for The Hunger Games from Greek Mythology.
Rscherryblossom 19:03, October 2, 2010 (UTC)
- The similarity between Hunger Games and Battle Royale is much greater than the vague relation to Greek myths. Greek myths have about as much similarity to Hunger Games as Fight Club.
- All that said, the similarity between Hunger Games and Battle Royale has do with the use of children as combatants from different regions of a country. In Hunger Games the children only come in pairs and fight other pairs, whereas the children in Battle Royale come as a classroom and fight each other. That's all anyone had to say and I would have agreed. --Fandyllic 21:22, June 21, 2011 (UTC)
- Collins said in an interview that her inspiration came from the story of Thesus where each year as a punishment the people had to send the most corageous boys and most beautiful girls into the laybrinth (a maze that was designed to trick and kill you, sound familiar?) And fight the minotaur. Thesus kills the minotaur (aka katniss holding out the nightlock berries) That isn't just a 'vauge relation'. It's practically the same story! Sure Battle Royale is similar but trust me, it's not a rip off. :D This is my siggy!! I <3 Finnick Odair! He is mine.... back off Annie! lol:) Dont tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon:) GlimmerandSparkle
- Um... Hey, GlimmerandSparkle, FINNICK AND ANNIE HAVE A BABY! You might want to um... keep your feelings to yourself. After all, Annie is a Hunger Games Victor...Oh, and you are WAY too old for him:)
- "Thank you for your consideration."
- -District 112's Astrivia
Discussion about Prospective Cast for Film Adaptation
Although there is no solid information about the prospective cast for the film adaptation, there certainly has been a good amount of fan-based discussion about it. Perhaps this article should address the speculation, suggestions, and discussions about this.
184.108.40.206 16:35, October 4, 2010 (UTC)M.G.
Ok cinna soo should have been a guy that looks like adam lambert.
and i don't like the girl they picked to play katniss. They should have casted someone else. She doesn't seem the type. BUT, i love peeta's chracter.
Oh, and i soo cannot wait for woody harlson <33
I think as a person, Jennifer Lawrence rocks thank you very much, but she looks her age. Which in this case is not a good thing. But, having seen the movie 5 times(and that's just in theaters. I have the DVD preordered.), she captures the character pretty well.
Clove Comes in Sixth Place
Excuse me, but may I politely point out that under Clove's personal information, it is stated that she comes FIFTH in the hunger games(because we are not allowed to edit this...). When in fact she is killed at the feast. Followed by Thresh. That's death is then followed by the death of Foxface. Who dies just before Cato. That leaves TWO remaining people. TWO. I believe that Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark would both be highly offended that you forgot that they are TWO people, making Clove come in SIXTH place. Now, you can put Katniss and Peeta in whatever order you like, but it does not change Clove's position. And trust me when I say I am a Hunger Gamesologist, because in total I have read the book six times (each with the same order of deaths), and consulted my best friend who has read it 2 times. I also just know things when it comes to The Hunger Games. I am completely and totally obsessed.
"Thank you for your consideration."
-District 112's Astrivia