On the afternoon of the second day, Sol began to climb the bleachers at the furthest end of the Capitol Arena. As her mentor, Iphigenia Moss, sent her food, an alliance comprised of Coral and Mizzen, the two tributes from District 4, and Tanner, the male tribute from District 10, chased her down. After a brief chase, they caught up with her, and Coral speared Sol through the throat with a trident.
Sol's name may come from the term "solar power", as in harvesting energy from the sun's light and heat. Sol is also Latin for sun and the personification of the Sun and a god in ancient Roman religion.
- Sol is the only tribute not to receive a sponsor gift besides Marcus, who died thirty minutes within the Games start.
- Sol was described by her mentor as having a "funny accent" that her name was either "Sol" or "Sal."
- The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes, Chapter 7
- The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes, Chapter 3
- The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes, Chapter 16