During a tour of the Capitol Arena, several explosions planted by the rebels were detonated. The bombs exploded a large hole near the entrance of the arena, and through the chaos, each tribute from Districts 1 and 2 made a run for it. Sabyn made it to the river, farther than Facet and Velvereen had, but leaped over the wall only to die in the fall.
- Despite being reaped, Sabyn never competed in the 10th Hunger games.
- She was implied to be one of the stronger tributes, as Coriolanus Snow repeatedly mentioned throughout the book that with the deaths of the District 1 & 2 tributes, Lucy Gray's odds of winning significantly increase.
- Sabyn's name may be a reference to the Sabines, an ancient Italian people situated near Rome, whose society existed during Roman times. Legend has it that the Romans abducted Sabine women to help populate Rome; this is analogous to how Sabyn was reaped by the Capitol to compete in the Games.
- The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes, Chapter 7
- The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes, Chapter 10
- The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes, Chapter 3