Donald Sutherland (born July 17, 1935) is an award-winning Canadian actor who portrayed President Coriolanus Snow in The Hunger Games, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1, and the final installment, The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2.
Sutherland has been acting since 1962. He is an officer of the Order of Canada, that country's highest civilian honour for merit, and has received the Golden Globe and Primetime Emmy Awards. Members of Sutherland's family are also actors, including his second wife, Shirley Douglas, and his third and current wife, Francine Racette. His sons Kiefer, Rossif, and Angus are also actors.
- Before portraying President Snow, Donald Sutherland appeared as Chairman John Thorn in Land of The Blind. As with President Snow, Thorn was an absolute dictator.
- A side note worth mentioning is that co-star Ralph Fiennes (who played Voldemort in the Harry Potter Series) came out as Caius Marcius Coriolanus in the modern day film adaptation of the Shakespearian Play, the Shakespearian Coriolanus is also based on the same Coriolanus that Snow takes his name after.
- Donald Sutherland studied at the University of Toronto and for a time at the royal Academy of Dramatic art.
- Donald Sutherland on Wikipedia
- Philiana Ng (05-31-2011). 'Hunger Games': Donald Sutherland Cast as President Snow. Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved on 06-01-2011.