- Panlo - Male tribute in the 10th Hunger Games. Succumbed to injuries from a rebel bombing before the Games even began. Placed 17th/18th.
- Sheaf - Female tribute in the 10th Hunger Games. Succumbed to injuries from a rebel bombing before the Games even began. Placed 17th/18th.
- District 9 female (74th HG) - Died on the first day (Bloodbath).
- District 9 male (74th HG) - Died on the first day (Bloodbath). Fought with Katniss over a backpack until he was stabbed by Clove.
- District 9 female (75th HG) - Victor of unknown Hunger Games, died on first day (Bloodbath).
- District 9 male (75th HG) - Victor of unknown Hunger Games, died on the first day (Bloodbath).
Location and geography
According to the map of Panem featured in The Hunger Games Adventures, District 9 is located in the central area of the continent. It is apparently very large, bordered by six other districts and the Capitol, and extending from the Great Plains area in the south the Great Lakes and Canada in the north. This fits with the district's industry, as these regions are known for their flat farmland and fields of wheat. It is mentioned that the district has many factories, most likely for processing the harvested grain.
Coriolanus Snow briefly observed District 9 while passing through after enlisting in the Peacekeepers on the way to District 12. He thought it an ugly place, filled with concrete buildings which were flaking paint and misery, baking in the relentless afternoon sun.
- District 9 is the least-mentioned district in the Hunger Games series, and relatively little about it is known for certain. The only named characters from the district appeared outside of the initial book and film series:
- District 9's industry is never specifically identified in the books, though grain cultivation is hinted at through several clues:
- During the bloodbath of the 74th Hunger Games, Katniss grabbed a loaf of bread just before getting into a struggle over a backpack with the boy from District 9 (perhaps a subtle indicator of the district's industry?)
- Katniss and Peeta encounter "fields of wheat" in one district on their Victory Tour, and since grain is such a significant part of Panem's food supply, it makes sense that an entire district would produce the crop, which would then be rationed throughout the country.
- Although their district is not specified, a pair of tributes in the 75th Hunger Games were dressed as loves of bread during the Chariot Rides, suggesting that their district has a bread-related industry.
- In the film Mockingjay: Part 1, Peeta mentioned a district that set granaries on fire. If he was referring to District 9, this may have been a method of rebellion by cutting food supplies.
- It's unknown, but unlikely, that the District 9 victors were part of the alliance to free Katniss from the arena of the 75th Hunger Games as they weren't mentioned as one of the districts that took part.
- District 9 was the 5th - 10th district to pry from Capitol rule.
- District 9 is the only district where all tributes of the two most recent games have been killed in the bloodbath.
- District 9 is the only district where all tributes from the books' portrayed Hunger Games (10th, 74th, and 75th) have been killed before or in the bloodbath.
- According to the Capitol.PN, District 9 has 12 mills in operation with a population of 15,346, making it the eleventh largest district, in terms of population.
- According to the Capitol.PN, District 9 claims 70,532 in tesserae, making it the fourth most impoverished district.
- It is a very poor district, though slightly better than District 11.
- If the population is 15,346 and they claim 70,532 tesserae, it would equal to 4.593 tesserae per person, making it the 9th richest District.
- No official arena wear for District 9 was produced in the first movie, apart from the District 9 female's hiking boots. Because of this, it is difficult to determine what the district's colour could be. However, based on the jackets worn by the District 9 tributes in their official photos, the district's colour seems to be log cabin green (#373b2c – ).
- The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes, Chapter 21
- Catching Fire, Chapter 5
- Catching Fire, Chapter 27