District 9 is one of the thirteen districts of Panem, and its primary industry is grain production. It is mentioned that the district has many factories, most likely for processing the harvested grain.
- District 9 female (74th HG) - Died on the first day (Bloodbath).
- District 9 male (74th HG) - Died on the first day (Bloodbath). Fought with Katniss over a backpack until he was stabbed by Clove.
- District 9 female (75th HG) - Victor of unknown Hunger Games, died on first day (Bloodbath).
- District 9 male (75th HG) - Victor of unknown Hunger Games, died on the first day (Bloodbath).
- District 9 is the mentioned district in the Hunger Games series.
- No named person from the district appears in either books or the films.
- District 9's industry is never specifically identified in the books- Katniss and Peeta encounter "fields of wheat" in one district on their Victory Tour, and since grain is such a significant part of Panem's food supply, it makes sense that an entire district would produce the crop, which would then be rationed throughout the country.
- During the bloodbath of the 74th Hunger Games, Katniss grabbed a loaf of bread just before getting into a struggle over a backpack with the boy from District 9 (perhaps a subtle indicator of the district's industry?)
- In the film Mockingjay: Part 1, Peeta mentioned a district that set granaries on fire. If he was referring to District 9, this may have been a method of rebellion by cutting food supplies.
- It's unknown, but unlikely, that the District 9 victors were part of the alliance to free Katniss from the arena of the 75th Hunger Games. as they weren't mentioned as one of the districts that took part.
- District 9 was the 5th - 10th district to pry from Capitol rule.
- District 9 is the only district where all tributes of the two most recent games have been killed in the bloodbath.
- According to the Capitol.PN, District 9 has 12 mills in operation with a population of 15,346, making it the eleventh largest district, in terms of population.
- According to the Capitol.PN, District 9 claims 70,532 in tesserae, making it the fourth most impoverished district.
- It is a very poor district, though slightly better than District 11.
- If the population is 15,346 and they claim 70,532 tesserae, it would equal to 4.593 tesserae per person, making it the 9th richest District.
- Before District 9's industry was known, fans believed it to be food treatment from Katniss's encounter of stinking factories during the Victory Tour even though it mentions fields of wheat. 
- No official arena wear for District 9 was produced in the first movie, apart from the District 9 female's hiking boots.
- In the Catching Fire film adaptation, District 9 is seen to be located in the Great Plains which makes sense since they are currently known for their fields of wheat.