74th Hunger Games
In the film, the District 8 female was first seen in the Tribute Parade with her district partner, wearing pink and blue costumes that symbolize jesters and fabrics with a star pattern and bow hats on them. She was seen in quite a few shots during parade scenes, waving at the audience.
It is unknown if she showed up for the training.
The District 8 female survived the initial Cornucopia bloodbath. Although she wasn’t actually seen in the arena, it can be assumed that she was positioned on one of the last four pedestals that were after the District 5 male. Like most of the tributes, she ran for supplies. She was able to grab a small black backpack and escape into the forest.
- "A stone's throw from the biggest idiot in the Games."
- ―Katniss after the girl lit the fire.
Following her death, her DNA was mixed with that of a wolf-like creature to create the "muttations", which were the key figures for the finale of the 74th annual Hunger Games. It is unknown if her mutt survived the fight at the Cornucopia between Katniss and Peeta, and Cato.
- Her odds of winning were 5-1.
- In the film, she weighs 116 pounds and is 13 years old.
- In the tribute parade, the females were standing on the left of the chariot and the males on the right except for District 8 where she stood on the right and the male on the left.
- She lasted 8 hours, 12 minutes and 8 seconds in the Hunger Games.
- She was Peeta's only known direct kill in the 74th Hunger Games.
- When she died, on the scoreboard behind Caesar, it can be seen a wrong order of deaths: District 9 male; District 4 female; District 9 female; District 6 male; District 5 male; District 6 female; District 7 male; District 7 female; District 8 male; District 10 female; District 3 female; District 4 male.
- She, along with Cato, was one of the tributes in the 74th Hunger Games to be mortally wounded and then mercifully killed. She was mortally wounded by Cato and then mercifully killed by Peeta in the book, while Cato was mauled by mutts, and mercifully killed by Katniss.
- The night that Katniss was without a sleeping bag, she began to "have more sympathy" for the District 8 girl.
- In The Hunger Games: Catching Fire she, like her district partner, appears as a holographic portrait in Katniss and Peeta's Victory Tour.
- As we can see in Katniss and Peeta's Victory Tour there is only one man and one woman standing in her pedestal, so the District 8 female has no siblings, and in the pedestal of her district partner there is only one man, so the District 8 male from the 74th Hunger Games has no mother or siblings.