- "This beautiful district is lush with trees, from which these citizens supply our lumber and paper. The people of District 7 are hardworking and down-to-earth."
- ―Description from The Hunger Games: Tribute Guide
District 7 is one of the thirteen districts of Panem. Large swathes of the region are apparently covered with trees - as District 7 provides lumber and paper to the Capitol - and the citizens are known to be skilled with axes.
Nothing is mentioned about the typical lives of citizens from District 7. However, Katniss Everdeen notes Johanna Mason's skill with axes, and muses that she had probably been handling them since she was a toddler. If that's the case, it seems that citizens from District 7 begin working in their district's lumber industry at an early age.
- Treech - Male tribute in the 10th Hunger Games. Placed 3rd.
- Lamina - Female tribute in the 10th Hunger Games. Placed 10th.
- District 7 female (74th HG) - Died on the first day (bloodbath).
- District 7 male (74th HG) - Died on the first day (bloodbath).
- Johanna Mason - Competed in the 75th Hunger Games/Third Quarter Quell and victor of the 71st Hunger Games. One of 6 tributes to survive the Quell and the last surviving tribute from District 7 after the Second Rebellion and the overthrow of President Snow.
- Blight - Competed in the 75th Hunger Games, and victor of an earlier Games. He died on the second day after running into a force field.
Location and geography
According to the map of Panem featured in The Hunger Games Adventures, District 7 is located in the far northwest of the continent, covering parts of Oregon and Washington State, and extending to most of British Columbia and Alberta, Canada. The famous forests of these regions produce redwoods and many other kinds of trees, tying in with the district's lumber and paper industry. There is also a dam within or nearby the district.
In the film, District 7 pries from the Capitol's rule after Katniss Everdeen's speech in District 8. While the Peacekeepers were escorting the lumberjacks into the woods for their shift, a man whistles the four-note tune, and the entire group takes off running and climbing the trees. The Peacekeepers open fire, killing several workers as the rest climbed up the tall trees.
After a man shouts, "If we burn, you burn with us!", hidden landmines detonate, killing the entire team of Peacekeepers. It is then revealed that one of the lumberjacks was holding a remote control, indicating that the landmines used were remote-control operated.
- In Catching Fire, Johanna says the tributes from District 7 have been dressed as trees for the past 40 years of Tribute Parades. However, in the film adaptation of The Hunger Games, the tributes are dressed in elaborate paper costumes resembling origami.
- District 7 was the 5th - 10th district to pry from Capitol rule.
- District 7 is possibly one of the larger districts, due to the space needed for trees.
- District 7's tributes have learned to throw axes at an early age, making some of the tributes well trained. They also seem to prefer axes as their weapon of choice. One of these examples is Johanna who used a throwing axe.
- According to The Hunger Games Adventures, District 7 is located directly northeast of District 4, on the northwestern coast of Panem.
- However when Katniss travels to the Capitol for the 74th Hunger Games she looks out the train window seeing the lights of either district 7 or 10, meaning it would more likely be located between Appalachia (Location of district 12) and the Rockies (Location of the Capitol).
- Aside from Career districts, (1, 2, and 4) District 7 has the biggest advantage in the games, as they not only have experience in the arenas brutal environment, but they also show exceptional skill in weapons such as an axe and other cutting tools.
- According to the Capitol.PN, District 7 has 115 mills in operation with a population of 26,354 people, making it the eight largest district, in terms of population.
- According to the Capitol.PN, District 7 claims 63,125 in tesserae, making it the sixth richest district.
- If the population is 26,354 and they claim 63,125 tesserae, it would equal to 2.395 tesserae per person, making it the 8th richest District.
- It's one of the locations which appear in the film series. Others are districts 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, 11, 12 and 13. However, districts 1 and 4 appear briefly in The Hunger Games: Catching Fire on the TV when Haymitch is showing footage of the other victors being reaped for the games.
- Based on the arena wear for the 74th Hunger Games, the district's colour seems to be ironstone brown (#7c5242 – ).
- Catching Fire, Chapter 23.
- Catching Fire, Chapter 15.
- The Hunger Games, Chapter 4