District 6 is one of the 13 districts of Panem, and its principal industry is transportation. It is hinted that morphling addiction may be an issue in the district; the victors who participated in the Third Quarter Quell were both addicted to the painkiller (so much so that Katniss Everdeen nicknamed them the "Morphlings"), which they probably took to forget what they had experienced in their previous Hunger Games.
District 6 seems to be one of the more rebellious districts; its victors helped keep Katniss and Peeta alive during the Quarter Quell. Plutarch Heavensbee mentioned that they had some knowledge of the planned breakout from the arena. District 6 was heavily bombed by the Capitol's Air Forces.
- Otto - Reaped for the 10th Hunger Games, died from a rebel bombing before the games even began. Placed 22nd/23rd.
- Ginnee - Reaped for the 10th Hunger Games, died from a rebel bombing before the games even began. Placed 22nd/23rd.
- Titus - Died in an unspecified Hunger Games. He is known for his cannibalism during the games and was killed by an avalanche.
- District 6 male (74th HG) - Died on the first day (bloodbath).
- District 6 female (74th HG) - Died on the first day (bloodbath).
- Female Morphling - Victor of an unspecified Hunger Games, as well as a morphling addict. Died on the second day of the 75th Hunger Games.
- Male Morphling - Victor of an unspecified Hunger Games, as well as a morphling addict. Died on the first day of the 75th Hunger Games (bloodbath).
- Male Victor - Victor of an unspecified Hunger Games who was present at the Reaping of the 75th Hunger Games.
- Female Victor - Victor of an unspecified Hunger Games who was present at the Reaping of the 75th Hunger Games.
Location and geography
- In The Hunger Games: Tribute Guide, it says that the people of District 6 dislike traveling, even though their industry is transportation.
- A tribute from District 6, Titus, went mad during his Games and resorted to cannibalism. He started eating the tributes until he was killed by an avalanche, thought to be purposely set up by the Gamemakers, ensuring someone insane wouldn't win. It is not known what Games he participated in.
- District 6 was the 5th - 10th district to pry from Capitol rule.
- Tributes from District 6 have a disadvantage as they have no experience with tools or weaponry, unlike most other districts.
- The citizens of this district seem to be extremely oppressed, shown on how rough the Peacekeepers are on this district, and had a large uprising in Catching Fire.
- According to the Capitol.PN, District 6 has 52 active hubs with a population of 784,453, making it the largest district in Panem, in terms of population, with almost four times as many citizens as District 2, the second place holder. Due to being the largest district in terms of population, it is also extremely unstable, making Morphling a district-wide problem.
- According to the Capitol.PN, District 6 claims 68,366 in tesserae, making it the sixth most impoverished district.
- If the population is 784,453 and they claim 68,366 tesserae, that would equal to 0.087 tesserae per person, making it the 4th richest District.
- It is considered a lower middle -class district.
- According to The Hunger Games Adventures, District 6 would be situated directly north of District 3, which fits more appropriately with what was seen in Catching Fire.
- In the film, District 6 was the first District to lose both of its tributes in the 74th Hunger Games.
- The people of District 6 seem to wear darker clothes as shown in Catching Fire during the victory tour. Their choice of clothes also seems to be more form-fitting to the body (People with skin-tight pants and shirts can be seen along with snug jackets).
- The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes, Chapter 2