74th Hunger Games
The District 5 male was seen in several scenes in the training. During training after Peeta throws the medicine ball, he and the District 10 male are seen in the background looking doubtfully at the Career tributes. It is unknown if he made any alliances at this time.
The District 5 male was killed in the initial bloodbath. He stood on the pedestal next to the District 4 male. Like the majority of the tributes, he ran for supplies. After arriving at the Cornucopia, he spots the District 3 female on the ground with a black backpack. He grabs a sickle, slashes her throat and steals her bag. At some point in the bloodbath, he and the District 10 male try to kill Cato while the District 6 male watches from behind a crate. He is about to kill the District 7 female but then, the District 7 male confronts him and knocks him down with a spear, about to kill him. Fortunately Thresh passes by; distracting the District 7 male. He crawls away, but is attacked by the District 6 male, who strangles him onto a crate. He gains advantage and hurls the District 6 male's head into the crate multiple times. He later gets into a fight with Glimmer and she kills him by stabbing him in the abdomen, causing him to cough blood on a crate and eventually die.
After his death, the District 5 male, like all the other dead tributes, had his DNA mixed with a wolf to form a muttation which had similar characteristics to the fallen tribute. It's unknown if his mutt survived or not.
- In the film, his odds of winning were 8-1, higher than Thresh and both the male and female tributes from District 4.
- In the film, he weighs 145 pounds and is 15 years old.
- In the arena, the color jacket he wore was plum red.
- His death appears in the special features of the DVD.
- He is the only tribute killed in the bloodbath that killed another tribute.
- He was also the only unnamed tribute to kill someone.
- He was the 8th dead, but when the District 8 female was killed, you can see that he was the 5th dead on the scoreboard behind Caesar.