74th Hunger Games
In the film, the District 3 tributes wore silver costumes and silver headresses to represent the workings of electronic devices during the Tribute Parade. In the tribute parade he is the only tribute who doesn't greet the Capitol's people. As he was from District 3, he was skilled in technology, specifically explosives, a trait often associated with tributes from his district.
The District 3 male was first seen in the Training Center working with the District 9 male to create a fire, and quickly backed away when the fire ignited. He also showed concern when his district partner was injured in training, but laughed reluctantly when Glimmer elbowed him, probably to make the Careers like him.
The District 3 male survived the initial Cornucopia Bloodbath. He stationed the left of Glimmer. After arriving at the cornucopia, he grapples over Marvel’s axe. When he refused to let go, Marvel shoves his heavy backpack into his face, which causes him to fall to the ground. He is then later seen fighting the District 7 female over a backpack, while Thresh is running out of the Cornucopia. He somehow managed to survive and escape into the forest.
As shown in The Hunger Games film, at the time of the wild fire, The District 3 Male was outside the northern part of the Cornucopia. By day eight (although it is presumed Day 5 in the book as Rue states in the book that he joined when the Career led the Tracker Jackers to the lake), he had joined the career pack and booby-trapped the area right around the Cornucopia with land mines he had dug up and then re-armed, which Katniss said in the book that he probably knew due to the fact that he was from District 3 which produces technology. Katniss Everdeen discovered the minefield after observing Foxface steal supplies from the Careers, while Rue distracted the other careers with several fires. In the film, he was left behind to guard. In the novel, the Careers told him to come with them to look for Rue.
While Marvel, Clove, and Cato were hunting for Rue, Foxface stole supplies from the Careers, jumping around the mines in what Katniss described as a sort of "dance". As Foxface ran away behind the District 3 male, he looked around to see who was there and followed Foxface into the woods to take her down. Katniss blew up the Careers supplies by shooting a suspended bag of apples with her arrows when he left, which in turn set off the mines he planted, destroying everything. After the explosion, the District 3 male came back and saw the blown-up supplies.
When the Careers returned, Cato, in a fit of rage, confronted the District 3 male and stripped him of his spear, the only means of protection he had, and promptly snapped his neck as Katniss watched from behind cover nearby. He placed 9th out of 24.
After his death, the District 3 male, like the twenty other fallen tributes, probably had his DNA mixed with that of a wolf, to form a muttation which had similar characteristics as the deceased tributes. It is unknown if his mutt survived the final battle.
This tribute like most participated in the Cornucopia bloodbath and was lucky enough to survive the onslaught. He survived alone close to the Cornucopia until some point after the tracker jacker's killed Glimmer and Peeta was kicked out of the Career pack. The surviving careers found him and allowed him into their pack if he would rewires mines around their stash of supplies, which he agrees to. As a tribute of District 3 he was skilled in electronics. He was shown to be armed with a spear while with the careers. In the film when Foxface stole supplies he followed her in an attempt to kill her, possibly to impress his new companions but inadvertently left the stash unguarded. After Katniss blows up the career's supplies he immediately returns and tries to explain that he did not see what happened, but this would be his downfall.
- In the film, it is shown that he weighs 120 pounds, same as his district partner. He is 14 years old in the film.
- In the film, his odds of winning were initially 20-1 after training, and later 22-1. He was the only tribute to have his odds go down instead of improving.
- When all the tributes are standing on their platforms, he is seen standing next to his district partner.
- In the bloodbath he fights with Marvel for anaxe and the District 7 female for a backpack and spear.
- Although he fights Marvel over an axe, he later becomes a part of the career pack.
- He was the highest placing unnamed tribute, not including Foxface as she had a nickname.
- In the Tribute Guide, his height is said to be 4'8, but when he is seen fighting with the District 7 female, he is taller; his actual height is 5'7.
- By closely observing the trailer of The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, it can be noted that while visiting District 3 on Katniss' and Peeta's victory tour that only a woman is standing on the pedestal, preserved for the family members of a death tribute. The woman could possibly be his mother, meaning the tribute doesn't have a father or siblings.
- He survived for 8 days in the book and for 6 days in the film.
- He had the lowest odds of all the cornucopia survivors excluding Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark.
- In the novels, he, Beetee, and Wiress were all described by Katniss to have ashen skin. This was probably a characteristic of the District 3 people.