Her brother, Gloss, won the 63rd Hunger Games, making them the only known pair of sibling victors.
75th Hunger Games
Cashmere was reaped along with her brother, Gloss, for the third Quarter Quell.
The siblings appear to be secretly against the idea of going back to the Arena, as they both makes speeches to try and convince the Capitol to call off the Quell.
Katniss describes them both as "classically beautiful", and Haymitch says they are "Capitol favorites" who will have "lots of sponsors" during the Quell.
During Training, Cashmere trains with her brother at the knife throwing station, where they together eliminate two targets, with a single throw. Katniss says she received a "predictably high score" after her private session with the Gamemakers.
Cashmere and Gloss invite Katniss to make hammocks with them in the Training Center. Katniss describes them as "polite but cool," and feels her attempts to connect with them were "mediocre at best."
Both siblings mingle with the other career victors and Peeta.
InterviewBefore the individual interviews, Cashmere insults Katniss's wedding dress and says she looks "ridiculous." It's unclear why Cashmere is upset, but it is possible that she is jealous of the attention that Katniss is receiving in the Capitol.
During her interview with Caesar Flickerman, she makes a speech about how she cannot stop crying when she thinks about how the residents of the Capitol must be suffering with the thought of the loss of 23 victors, playing up to the audience. This is her way of showing how betrayed the victors feel about going back to the arena. Cashmere's speech makes the audience (including Katniss's prep team) cry, and Effie comments that she is "very good."
In the film, Katniss is disgusted by Cashmere's illegitimate emotion and fake behavior, but understands when Haymitch explains to her that the tributes would do anything to stop the games. Cashmere and her brother join hands with the other twenty-two victors as a sign of rebellion following the end of the interview session, causing the crowd to go wild with discontent.
Cashmere and the rest of the career pack (Gloss, Brutus, and Enobaria) reach the Cornucopia after Katniss and Finnick do, and focus on gathering weapons rather than attacking the other tributes. Cashmere is not noted as being involved in any altercations during the bloodbath. Katniss notices when Gloss has reached the Cornucopia and assumes that Cashmere is somewhere close by.
DeathOn the second day of the Games, the career pack manages to sneak up on the rebellion alliance now consisting of Katniss, Peeta, Finnick, Johanna, Beetee, and Wiress, as they formulate a plan to avoid the various disasters around the arena and kill the other remaining victors. While Wiress is separated from the others, Gloss slits her throat, prompting Katniss to shoot him with one of her arrows. Immediately after Gloss's death, Cashmere charges at Katniss with a knife, apparently intent on killing her, but Johanna digs her axe into Cashmere's chest, killing her. Cashmere's cannon sounds instantly afterwards, and Brutus and Enobaria barely escape with their lives. Cashmere's body is thrown into the water after the cornucopia starts spinning at the command of Plutarch Heavensbee.
Cashmere placed 10th out of 24 tributes.
- "I was the example. The person to hold up to the young Finnicks and Johannas and Cashmeres. Of what could happen to a victor who caused problems."
- ―Haymitch, Mockingjay chapter 12.
Due to the fact that Cashmere was a Career Tribute, it is likely she killed a fair amount of tributes during the 64th and 75th Hunger Games.
- "There's the classically beautiful brother and sister from District 1 who were victors two consecutive years when I was little."
- ―Katniss, Catching Fire chapter 14
Cashmere and her brother Gloss were both described as being classically beautiful. She was noted to have long blonde hair, cascading in curls.
It is probable that she and Gloss were physically stronger than most of the other victors, being relatively young and from District 1. It should be noted that it is implied that Cashmere was a victim of prostitution by President Snow, alluding to her physical attractiveness.It is implied that Cashmere shared a resemblance to another District 1 tribute, Glimmer, with her green eyes and flowing blonde curls, though this may be because in District 1 this is fairly common.
- It is possible that Cashmere and Gloss were the mentors to Glimmer and Marvel from the 74th Hunger Games.
- In the film, Cashmere was shown to have a skill in balancing pointed weapons, such as a knife, in her hand.
- Cashmere and Gloss are the only known brother and sister who have won the Hunger Games.
- Cashmere is the only known District 1 tribute to not be killed by a District 12 victor. Glimmer, Gloss, Marvel, and the District 1 female (50th HG) were killed by Katniss and Haymitch Abernathy, respectively.
- Enobaria, Gloss, Cashmere, and Finnick Odair consecutively won the 62nd, 63rd, 64th, and 65th Hunger Games respectively.
- Cashmere is the last female to ever die in the Hunger Games.
- In the film, Cashmere and Gloss were interviewed together by Caesar, while in the book they were interviewed separately.
- In reality, cashmere is a really expensive type of fabric. This can be enforced by the fact that Cashmere comes from District 1, as their main production is luxury.